2018 ISC Pioneer Tree Climbing Competition
We're teaming up with distribution partner Rotter International/Pioneer X-Sport, to co-sponsor the ISC-Pioneer Tree Climbing Championship 2018. The event will take place at the Hubei University, Wuhan, China 30 April to 01 May.
The event is organised by Hubei Leisure Sports Development & Research Association with support from Cave Rescue of China (CRC) & Central Expedition Team and attracts climbing competitors from a variety of disciplines and climbing backgrounds.
Recent graduates from the Pioneer X-Sport School of Tree Climbing, will also have their own competition, with the winners going through to compete in the 2018 Taiwan Tree Climbing Championship.
Entrants will be tested in the canopies as they compete to achieve the fastest times and highest scores. Events include Ascent, Work Climb, Speed Climb, Aerial Rescue and Throw-line. Only the top finishers will go through to the Masters Challenge and given the opportunity to win some fantastic ISC Tree-Inforced Prizes.
We will also be using the event as the launch of our new Phlotich Hitch-minding Pulley and new Rope Wrench SRT (EN353-2 Compliant) kit.
We wish all the competitors the very best of luck!
KT282 Rope Wrench SRT Kit - EN353-2 Compliant
We're delighted to announce the return of Rope Wrench SRT to the German market.
We recently carried out a full re-evaluation of the Rope Wrench system, following a request by a German Insurance Organisation and the German Market Surveillance Organisation. That re-evaluation has allowed us to improve our overall offering including our test data and user instruction manuals.
In Germany these organisations manage and control insurance issues for Working Arborists. They offered us critical feedback on our Rope Wrench system, which we took very seriously. After a number of positive discussions and meetings we have implemented their recommendations which were primarily:
1. To provide further test data for the entire system, according to relevant European Standards, in order to prove that it is ‘fit for purpose:
We have had several combinations of components independently tested at CE Test Laboratory, SATRA. Tests were carried out according to EN353-2 ‘Personal protective equipment against falls from a height. Guided type fall arresters including a flexible anchor line'.
These two combinations passed all of the tests:
1. ISC Standard Kit
2. STEIN Kit
2. To further develop our user instruction manuals:
We have updated our user manual to include the relevant test data and combined several manuals into one document, which is available in a printed format and as a download in various languages.
The above kits are now fully CE Compliant. The ISC Standard kit is the first to launch, with advance orders now being accepted, for delivery in June.
Photos show ISC Standard Kit: Yale Kernmaster 11mm rope, Yale Bee-Line Blue 10mm Hitch Cord (tied in 4VT+2), KT280 Rope Wrench with Twin-leg Tether, RP282 Phlotich Pulley, KH204SS Karabiner (Supersafe triple-action gate).
RP282 Phlotich Hitch-minding Pulley
We're delighted to introduce our new Phlotich Hitch-minding Pulley, a new multi-aperture device specifically designed for SRT and DdRT Climbing systems. The Phlotich is available in a range of colours, with a choice of Bushings or Bearings.
Phlotich Features & Benefits
Profiled side plates capture the host line, allowing for a reduction in host line movement
Sideplates mate perfectly parallel allowing for a 'clean' connection to the anchoring Karbiners. The mated sideplates also allow for seamless use of a 'Twin Leg' Tether in SRT climbing with a Rope Wrench. This reduces clutter and allows proper alignment of the hitch, pulley and tether on the anchoring Karabiner (in a Rope Wrench set up)
Lower anchor aperture will allow for full Karabiner rotation
Dual Karabiner Alignment- when used with Doubled Rope Climbing, the Phlotich allows the two anchoring Karabiners to be aligned efficiently on one pulley, instead of separating to two separate anchors
Unique 'Kidney' aperture:
- allows for a wide variety of Karabiner connector shapes and will allow rotation of any Karabiner (including ANSI gate).
- allows for multiple Karabiner connections at one time
- allows for a Karabiner to 'centre' itself depending on where the load is applied- and allows Karabiners to 'self centre' during climbing manoeuvers, which is helpful with DdRT climbing when climbing up to a 'large limb'
- allows for a perfect spot to anchor a 'Sternal' anchoring device (Karabiner, hook, Chestie, etc.) for use in SRT climbing on ascent with a Rope Wrench. This connector in the 'Kidney' aperture will self align to the most efficient spot and can be removed and attached easily
- allow the efficient use of the Pulley as a 'trolley' and allows for self alignment of an anchoring Karabiner in the 'Kidney' aperture when used in this configuration.
- The Phlotich can be used effectively for 'Double Crotching' or setting up efficient mechanical advantage systems due to the multiple attachment points and the ability for multiple Karabiners anchored in the 'Kidney' aperture.
For technical information, please see downloads below